Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Healthy Veggie Chili that you can add your favorite beans, veggies and spices to!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green/yellow/orange pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 2 x 15 oz cans of beans, can be a mix of chickpeas, black beans, kidney beans, etc, drained
- 1 x 15 oz can of corn
- 2 x 15 oz can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, chili powder or hot sauce add more to season to taste
- Heat olive oil in pot over low flame.
- Add garlic, onion, carrots and peppers to pot and simmer on low for 20 minutes.
- Add corn, beans, tomatoes and spices to taste.
- Cook on high for 30 mins or lower heat for 2 hours.
- Serve hot with shredded cheese (or other desired) topping.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.