Prep Time: 15 minutes
Yields: 6 servings
Quick and easy, this tomato salad works wonderfully as a side dish with most meats and fish.
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp table salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 ½ pounds tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1/3 cup red onions
- 1 1/2 Tbsp olive oil, extra-virgin
- 1/2 cup(s) basil, fresh, cut into strips or torn
1. In a large bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, salt, pepper, and oregano.
2. Add tomatoes and let stand for at least 15 minutes in order for flavors to blend.
3. Sprinkle with basil and toss. Serve.