A crispy Indonesian salad with tofu, cucumber and beansprouts. This is my favourite salad!
- Cut the tofu in ½ inch (1.5 cm) thick slices.
- Heat 4 tbsp of oil and bake the tofu slices golden on both sides in about 6 minutes.
- Cool down and cut into squares.
- Bake the onion in oil in 5 – 10 minutes.
- Slice the cucumber thinly, sprinkle on some salt, put in a colander and cover with a weighed down plate.
- After 30 minutes rinse the cucumber, and let the water drip of.
- Put the beansprouts in a colander, and pour boiling water over them, let the excess drip off.
- Put the ginger, garlic, ground coriander, pepper/sambal and sugar in a pestle and mortar, and ground to a paste.
- Add vinegar and soy sauce and stir it to a nice sauce.
- Make individual plates (4 – 6) or one big platter.
- Put tofu on the plate, and on top of that cucumber and beansprouts.
- Drizzle the sauce over.
- Sprinkle fried onions and chopped coriander leaves on top.