Prep Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
These chicken drumsticks stay moist when grilled, even with the skin removed from them. Delicious served with brown rice and slices of fresh pineapple.
- 1/2 tsp. freshly grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp. cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 8 chicken drumsticks, (about 2 pounds), skin removed, trimmed
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- Preheat grill to medium.
- To prepare dipping sauce, combine orange zest, orange juice, water, honey, 1 tablespoon vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt and coriander in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Whisk cornstarch and the remaining 1 teaspoon vinegar in a small bowl until smooth.
- Add to the saucepan and return to a boil, whisking until thickened, 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Stir in mint.
- Sprinkle drumsticks with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Oil the grill rack.
- Grill the drumsticks until crispy on all sides and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 15 minutes total.
- Serve the drumsticks with the dipping sauce on the side.
- Position oven rack in the upper third of the oven; preheat broiler to high.
- Prepare sauce.
- Coat a broiler pan with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle drumsticks with salt and pepper, then broil, turning once, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part registers 165°F, about 15 minutes total.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.