Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 12 meatballs
- cooking spray
- 1 pound ground turkey meat
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 slice fresh whole-wheat bread, crusts removed, pulsed into crumbs
- ¼ cup grated parmesan, plus more for serving
- ½ cup finely grated carrot
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the broiler.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine the turkey with all other ingredients in a large work bowl.
- Form into 2½ -inch balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Broil for 10 minutes, or until browned and almost entirely cooked through.
- For best results i suggest you put the balls in a tomato sauce.
- Cover, and cook additional 10 minutes, or until sauce has slightly thickened and meatballs have absorbed some of the sauce.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.