- 4 fresh artichokes
- 5 garlic cloves, quartered
- 3 tsp premium extra virgin olive oil
- Himalayan pink salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F or 190°C.
- Drain artichokes in colander and rinse a bit to remove brine.
- Mix gently with garlic and olive oil in a bowl.
- Pour artichoke mixture in a metal roasting pan and roast for about one hour, tossing a few times if desired.
- Sprinkle with Himalayan pink salt while still hot.
The outer leaves of the artichoke are tough - don't just pop them in your mouth. Season with salt and olive oil and hold the tip, scraping away the fleshy base of the leaves with your teeth. Eventually you'll reach the deliciously soft heart of the artichoke, your ultimate goal.