Recipe makes eight waffles.
- safflower oil or cooking spray; to coat waffle iron
- ¾ cup sifted rice flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp. honey
- 2 eggs - separated
- 1 cup non-fat milk
- ¼ cup safflower oil
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 cup sliced strawberries
- 2 tsp. date sugar or maple syrup
- 2 tsp. arrowroot powder
- 1 cup (or more) nonfat yogurt, plain
- Preheat waffle iron and lightly brush with safflower oil.
- In a medium bowl combine rice flour, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl combine honey, egg yolks, milk, the ¼ cup safflower oil, and rice.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Combine dry and wet ingredients, then fold in egg whites.
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- Cook waffles, one at a time, keeping them warm in the oven on a heatproof platter.
- In a small saucepan combine strawberries, date sugar, and arrowroot.
- Cook over medium-high heat until thick.
- Let cool slightly, then mix with yogurt.
- Pour strawberry sauce over warm waffles and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.