Prep Time: 55 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Yields: 10 servings
Think you've done all you can with currants? Think again! The sweet-tart taste of currants coupled with a tender, yet flaky crust will make you wish you'd made more than one!
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1½ teaspoons grated lemon zest
- To make dough: in a medium bowl, sift together flour and baking powder. Mix in butter, sugar, egg yolks and lemon zest until mixture forms dough.
- Chill for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Roll out dough and put into a spring-form pan.
- Bake dough for 25 minutes, or until golden yellow.
- In a medium bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Gradually stir in sugar and cornstarch; beat for 5 minutes. Fold currants into mixture and pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until top is lightly browned.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.