Prep Time: 24 hours
Yields: 2-3 servings
Although this is a recipe for juice, if you skip the final step, you will end up with red currant jelly. Either way you've made a good choice!
- Rinse berries in cold water and remove stems.
- Place berries in a large mixing bowl and mash to a pulp.
- Place pulp in a clean cloth and squeeze out all of the juice over a clean bowl. Note: do not do this over the bowl used in step 2. Set aside pulp for later.
- Add sugar to the juice and stir until dissolved (do not cook).
- Cover and allow to chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- This option is entirely up to you.
- If you'd like to drink the red currant jelly, boil some water and remove the rest of the juices.
- Add more sugar and a couple of ice cubes.
- Enjoy your drink!.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.