Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Serves 10-12
- 2 lb red radishes
- 4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup chopped green pimento-stuffed olives, (Drained Ordinary olives without pimento probably also work, I haven't tried it.)
- ½ cup chopped scallions, including tops
- ⅔ cup chopped fresh parsley
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup walnut or salad oil
- 6 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp salt (I strongly recommend leaving salt out unless the olives are preserved in vinegar. Preserved olives typically contain a great deal of salt and too much salt is unhealthy.)
- 4 tsp Dijon mustard
- freshly ground pepper
- Wash radishes and pat dry; cut thin slice off both ends; shred or finely chop in food processor.
- Place radishes, cheese, olives, scallions and parsley in large bowl.
- Make vinaigrette by mixing oils, vinegar, salt, mustard and pepper in bowl or glass jar.
- Pour over slaw and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- May be refrigerated overnight. (This destroys the vitamin content and after refrigeration the dish is no better than tinned vegetables. If you want the dish to be cold I recommend refrigerating the ingredients for hours and making the salad directly before eating it. That way the flavors of the different ingredients are more distinct.)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.