Prep Time: 10 min[edit | edit source]
Cook time: 20 min[edit | edit source]
Servings: 2[edit | edit source]
Nutrition Content[edit | edit source]
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 2/3 cup boiled chick peas
- 1/2 medium tomato
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 cucumber
- 1 tbsp. sour cream
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- Salt and black pepper
- 3 small cubes of goat cheese
- 1/8 cup cilantro
- 1 tsp of olive oil
Method[edit | edit source]
- Cut the onions, tomatoes, and cucumbers in little cubes.
- Dry the boiled quinoa and chick peas well. The quinoa should be dry, chilled and slightly crunchy.
- Mix the vegetables with cooked quinoa and chick peas.
- Season the salad with salt, pepper, olive oil and lemon juice.
- Top with sour cream and cilantro.
Benefits:[edit | edit source]
This recipe is loaded with high quality protein and fibers. Quinoa contains all essential amino acids, making it a complete protein. The chickpeas and quinoa provide carbohydrates and fiber. With low calories, high protein and moderate fat this recipe can used by weight watcher, vegans, and gluten intolerants.
For more insight on nutrition visit Marham.
Sent by Hiba Batool on January 22, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Hiba Batool created the document.