Prep Time: 20 minutes
Yields: 4 servings.
Pesto. Its name denotes pure goodness, and if I could, I'd put it on everything. But for right now I'll settle on sharing this chicken sandwich with you all. Enjoy!
- 1 loaf french bread or individual panini loaves
- 6-8 ounces chicken
- 1/2 cup pesto (see below for recipe)
- 1/2 bunch arugula, washed and trimmed
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
1. Add garlic to a food processor and blend until minced.
2. Add basil, parsley, and pine nuts to minced garlic. Blend.
3. Stir in ¼ cup of olive oil and continue to blend mixture until smooth.
4. Remove pesto mix from processor and set aside in a bowl. Bring to a room temperature before using. (Pesto may be made 5 days ahead). Makes about ¾ cup.
1. Cut loaf diagonally into 4 pieces and then cut each piece horizontally.
2. Spread pesto on cut sides of bread and make 4 sandwiches with chicken and arugula. Add tomatoes (optional).