- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 cup freshly grated parmigiano reggiano Note: Parmesan is never vegetarian, it always includes calf's rennet which is a meat product. If you're a strict vegetarian or if you're cooking for a strict vegetarian you need to substitute a different type of cheese of look for a different recipe. See Cheeses that aren't vegetarian for more.
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 pounds zucchini (sliced into sticks and patted dry)
- salt, vinegar and pepper to taste
- 4 eggs, well beaten
- Mix the bread crumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano and oregano in a bowl.
- Season the zucchini with salt and pepper.
- Dip the zucchini in the egg and then dredge in the bread crumb mixture.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet in a single layer with the skin side down.
- Bake in a preheated 425°F oven until golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.