Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Yields: 8-10 servings
I can't stress enough the need to use ripe nectarines. Also goes good with vanilla ice cream!
- 6 nectarines, halved and pitted
- 4 cups water
- ¾ cup sugar (or an equivalent amount of Splenda or stevia)
- ¾ cup honey
- 6 cups low-fat or fat free vanilla frozen yogurt
- Fresh lavender sprigs (optional)
- In a large saucepan, add water, sugar, and honey. Bring to a boil. Stir often in order to dissolve sugar.
- Add nectarines and reduce heat. Simmer nectarines for 8 minutes or until tender.
- Remove nectarines from the pan with a slotted spoon. Do not get rid of the nectar.
- Using the same liquid remaining in the pan, bring the liquid to a boil and cook for 10 minutes, or until the liquid has dissolved to about 3 cups worth. Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place nectarines in a bowl and pour nectarine liquid on top. Serve with a scoop of vanilla frozen yogurt. Garnish with lavender sprigs if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.