Ground rice pudding
- 1 liter milk, low fat should be fine
- 2 tbsp. rice flour
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 5 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. rose water
- 70 g almonds, ground
- almonds, blanched and chopped, to garnish or
- pistachio nuts, chopped, to garnish
- nutmeg, grated, to sprinkle on top
- Using a little of the milk, mix the ground rice and cornflour to a smooth paste.
- Over a medium-low heat, slowly heat the sugar in the rest of the milk.
- Stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, and being careful not to burn the bottom of the pan, add the paste to the milk, and simmer the mixture until it is just off boiling.
- Keep stirring until the mixture thickens (which it should do in 10 – 15 minutes).
- Add the rose water and ground almonds and continue to stir over a low heat; simmer for about 5 minutes, then remove the pan from the stove and allow the mixture to cool slightly before pouring it into a glass bowl or individual glass dishes.
- Garnish with the nuts (almonds or pistachios) and nutmeg, then chill for 3 – 4 hours before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.