Delicious, low fat, Italian dish. Very filling too!
- 1 lb lasagne pasta
- 16 ounces low-fat ricotta cheese or fat-free ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 box chopped frozen spinach, drained well
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper
- 16 ounces pasta sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Start chopping basil and parsley.
- (use dried if you really feel lazy!) prepare lasagna pasta according to package lay a few sheets of wax paper on the kitchen table.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta, ½ of the mozzarella (reserve rest for later), parsley, basil, spinach (hopefully you really squeezed it out dry!) , salt, pepper, egg and carrots. Mix well by hand.
- Lay cooked lasagna on wax paper spread a thin layer of spinach mixture down the length of the lasagna.
- You may have leftover pasta and/or spinach filling.
- Just store it or chuck it.
- Spread a little sauce on the bottom of large shallow casserole dish.
- Roll each filled lasagna and place in casserole dish.
- Spoon the pasta sauce onto spinach rolls.
- Top with remaining mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Serve hot with a crusty garlic bread and salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.