Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: n/a
Yields: 8 - 1/4 cup servings
Can be used on pasta, salads or spread on sandwiches.
Nutritional Analysis: Calories 100; Fat 9 g; Cholesterol 2 mg; Sodium 155 mg; Protein 2 g; Carbohydrate 2 g; Fiber 2 g.
- 1 cup fresh basil, firmly packed
- ½ cup parsley
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan or romano cheese (can use soy or lowfat)
- 2 tbs pine nuts
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tomato, seeded
- 2 tbs chicken broth (can use veggie broth if preferred)
Note: Parmesan is never vegetarian, it always includes calf's rennet which is a meat product. If you're a strict vegetarian or if you're cooking for a strict vegetarian you need to substitute a different type of cheese of look for a different recipe. See Cheeses that aren't vegetarian for more.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor.
- Blend to taste (can be smooth or more chopped).
- Refrigerate or freeze until ready to use.