Recipe makes six to eight servings
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 whole egg
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- grated rind of ½ lemon
- ¼ cup + 1 tablespoon potato starch
- dash of salt
- confectioner's sugar
- Beat the three egg yolks with the whole egg until light.
- Gradually add the sugar, lemon juice and lemon rind; continue beating for two minutes.
- Sift the potato starch; gradually stir it into the egg yolk mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff but not dry; gently fold the eggs into the egg yolk mixture.
- Line a greased jellyroll pan with waxed paper; grease the wax paper.
- Distribute the batter evenly in the pan.
- Preheat oven to 350 °F and bake for 35 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched.
- Turn out the cake onto a towel that has been dusted with confectioner's sugar.
- Remove waxed paper.
- Roll up the cake together with the towel.
- When cool, unroll, spread with one o more cups of the filling of your choice, and re-roll.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.