Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Yields: 6-8 servings.
I usually make this with Lime Jello, but feel free to change the flavor.
- (2) 6 ounce packages Jello (choose your flavor)
- 4 cups hot water
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup crushed pineapple
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts or pecans (optional)
- 1 pkg. Dream Whip
- ½ cup cold milk
- In a large bowl, combine jello and water. Stir until dissolved. (Jello contains gelatine which is a meat product. Gelatine is healthy for meat eaters but vegetarians should substitute a vegetarian jelly. Sugar free Jello is available,  and appears healthier.)
- Pour in cold water; stir.
- Add pineapple and nuts; stir lightly.
- Place mixture in refrigerate and allow to chill until the jello has reached a jelly-like consistency.
Cream Filling Edit
- In a medium bowl, stir together the dream whip and milk. Whip mixture until it is stiff.
- Remove jello from refrigerator and add to cream mixture. Fold into the jello very gently, and mix well. Be sure to leave the dream whip as fluffy as possible.
- Place mixture in a 9x13 inch pan and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. For best results, allow the mold to chill overnight.
- Note: Dream Whip contains large amounts of sugar, also coconut oil and [Wikipedia:Palm oil|palm oil]] which both have high saturated fat content.  It's advertised as having no fat  but the oil is similar to fat. health conscious readers should not make this too often.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.