Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
I love serving this simple recipe at bbqs and for outdoor dinner parties. You can boil the artichokes ahead of time to keep it simple!
- 4 artichokes
- 5 cups water
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Capers and orange zest for garnish
- Cut stems of artichokes so they are 1 inch from the base, you can also use scissors to cut of the thorns (personally I think its fine to leave them unless you have young kids)
- Boil 5 cups of water in a very large pot
- Once the water is boiling place the artichokes and two cloves of peeled garlic in the pot
- Boil for 25 minutes, rotating artichokes occasionally
- Remove and drain the artichokes
- Once they are cool enough to handle, cut the artichokes in half
- Brush with olive oil and place on grill.
- Place cut side down, grill over a medium flame for about 10 minutes
- Remove artichokes and garnish with orange zest and capers, serve with a mayo or garlic butter dipping sauce
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.