- 1 cup onions, chopped
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups boiling gluten free chicken broth
- 1 cup celery leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 (4 oz.) can mushrooms, sliced and drained
- ¾ tsp. gluten free curry powder
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- ½ cup sliced toasted almonds
- Sauté onions, celery, celery leaves, mushrooms and rice in butter until vegetables are tender and rice is golden.
- Turn into a buttered shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- Stir in chicken broth and seasonings.
- Cover and bake at 350 °F for 30 to 35 minutes, or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff with fork; spoon into serving dish; sprinkle with almonds.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.