- Makes 1 loaf, 16 slices.
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- ½ cup warm water
- 1 envelope active dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp. minute tapioca
- 2 cups whole bean flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 tsp. gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- Spray 8 x 4 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray.
- Coat inside of pan with cornmeal and set aside.
- Dissolve sugar in warm water (between 105 - 115 degrees F) in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle yeast over top. Set aside for 10 minutes or until frothy.
- Stir well. Combine water and minute tapioca in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until thickened and clear.
- Stir together bean flour, cornmeal, cornstarch, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In separate bowl, whisk together egg whites and milk.
- Whisk in yeast and tapioca mixture. Stir into dry ingredients, beating until smooth.
- Set aside for 10 minutes. turn out onto surface generously dusted with cornstarch.
- Dust hands with cornstarch and sprinkle a little over dough.
- Knead 4 to 5 times and fit into prepared pan.
- Brush top with milk and sprinkle with poppy seeds.
- Bake in 400°F oven for 45 minutes or until browned and loaf sounds hollow when tapped.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.