Makes 4 servings
- 2½ cups rice flour
- 1¼ ounce package gluten-free quick rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1¼ cups warm water (120-130°F), divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- cornmeal, optional
- 1 cup prepared pizza sauce
Choose from the following:
- sliced tomatoes
- yellow squash
- red or yellow bell peppers
- Jalapeno peppers
- diced ham
- cooked ground beef or fresh herbs
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese
- Combine flour, yeast, salt and xanthan gum in large bowl.
- Stir in 1 cup water, olive oil and honey.
- Use hands to work dough (dough will be soft and crumbly).
- Add just enough of remaining ¼ cup water to hold mixture together.
- Knead dough in bowl 5 minutes.
- Cover; let rest 10 minutes.
- Lightly grease 12-inch pizza pan; sprinkle with cornmeal, if desired.
- Flatten dough into round disk; press dough into pan.
- Add sauce, desired toppings; sprinkle cheese over toppings.
- Bake in 425°F oven 20 to 30 minutes, or until crust is brown and cheese is melted.
- Timing varies according to amount and number of toppings.
- Use sharp knife or pizza wheel to cut into wedges.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.