Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 1 hour
A nutritious and hearty vegetarian soup!
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder or seed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 6 cups water
- 1 cube vegetarian bouillon (or use vegetable stock instead of water)
- 1 pound lentils
- Sauté the onion and garlic in the oil and margarine in a large pot until tender.
- Add the spices and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add water, vegetarian bouillon cube, and lentils.
- Cook until lentils are tender, about 1 hour.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.