This a refreshing summer salad, perfect to serve alongside grilled meats. This can also be served as a main course - serve with a loaf of crusty bread and an appropriate white wine.
- 12 oz. rotini noodles
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 6 oz. cans white crabmeat, drained
- 4 oz. cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ of a cucumber, halved, seeded and sliced into crescents
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1¼ cups fat free plain yogurt
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 2 tsp. creamed horseradish
- ½ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. sweet tomato pickle or chutney
- salt and black pepper
- fresh basil, to garnish
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling, salted water, according to the instructions on the package, until al dente. Drain and rinse thoroughly under cold water.
Cover the chopped red pepper with boiling water and allow to stand for 1 minute. Drain and rinse under cold water. Pat dry with paper towels.
Drain the crabmeat and pick over carefully for bits of shell. Put into a bowl with the halved tomatoes and sliced cucumber. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with lemon juice.
To make the dressing, add the red pepper to the yogurt, with the celery, horseradish, paprika, mustard and sweet tomato pickle or chutney. Mix the pasta with the dressing and transfer to a serving dish. Spoon the crab mixture on top and garnish with fresh basil.