Prep Time:10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 4 servings
This is a great spring dinner dish. I like to serve it cold on a warm day but its great warm too. Also, its healthy and simple!
- 1 can of halved artichoke hearts
- 1 lemon
- 5 asparagus spears
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Angel hair pasta, four servings according to box
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Garnish with shaved Parmesan cheese
- Boil artichokes according to packaging
- Drain and chop artichoke hearts
- Cut asparagus into two inch pieces
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a medium sauce pan
- Add garlic, salt and pepper to the oil. Heat for 1 minute.
- Add the asparagus and cook for five minutes over medium heat
- Add artichokes and squeeze half a lemon into the pan
- Drain pasta saving a few tablespoons of the pasta water (to thicken sauce)
- Place pasta and remaining water into the sauce pan, stir with veggies
- Add the remaining two tablespoons of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
- Take of heat and garnish with shaved Parmesan and lemon zest.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.