- 1¼ cups applesauce
- ½ cup cold pressed oil (canola)
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp. milk
- ¾ cup toasted amaranth bran flour
- 1½ cups rice flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. allspice
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup + 1 tbsp. puffed amaranth
- Combine applesauce, oil, eggs, sugar, and milk.
- Add remaining ingredients through raisins.
- Add ½ cup puffed amaranth last.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and cinnamon over top.
- Pour into greased bread pan.
- Bake at 350 °F for 1 hour (check at 45 minutes if using dark pan)
- Sprinkle with remaining puffed amaranth, slightly pushing into top.
- Run knife around edges of pan to loosen bread.
- Set on wire rack.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Invert: remove pan.
- Turn bread right side up to continue cooling.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.